Saturday, March 07, 2009

Apology from a Hero

I had admired her from the time I was a little girl. She could sing and play the piano and her life was somewhat a perfect persona to me. As I grew older, the comments of those around me were always positive. I didn’t know anyone who didn’t like her. She must have been perfect because there were no left over residue of flaws in the memories of others.

A situation came up and I was involved in a district function. In the process she must have done something that she felt would hurt me or …but after a particularly wonderful service at Ladies Conference, she came up to me and told me she had something to say. She apologized for her actions and asked me to forgive her. As far as I was concerned, there was no apology needed, but she insisted. She felt she had shown the wrong spirit and wanted to clear the air along with her heart. I quickly agreed to disperse forgiveness. As time passed, I realized that this humble rendezvous had not minimized the spirit of this woman in my heart, but it expanded my belief that she truly was a woman of God and had the heart of His kingdom in her best interests. What a privilege to be the recipient of an apology from one of my heroes. And you know what? She is taller, wiser, and more holy in my eyes today than before.

No comments: