Friday, August 15, 2008

A Miracle Tool

I was with my Granddaughter a few weeks ago and we took a lot of pictures. I took pictures of her eating. I took pictures of her sleeping. I took pictures of her laughing. I took pictures of her with her mommy, my daughter. I took pictures of her with her papa. We even got a few pictures of her with her gammy….yours truly.

Needless to say, one of my favorite pictures of her is when I was holding her and her mommy was the photographer. She was very attentive to what mommy was doing, so the picture was a beautiful shot of my little granddaughter looking straight in to the camera. Poof! It was a perfect shot! At least I thought so until I enlarged it to put it as a desktop background on my computer. That’s when I noticed a blemish as big as Dallas on my forehead!

Well, I have this new little program on my computer that lets you touch up pictures. It is a little miracle tool! It is called a clone stamp. It allows you to pick up the color from a perfect area and replace the imperfect area. What a miracle tool! So that’s what I did. I took that blemish right off my forehead. You would never know it was ever there! Isn’t that neat? Something to make blemishes disappear!

I have bigger blemishes on my life; blemishes that have not only hurt me, but hurt other people. Blemishes on my heart are permanent scars of the sins that I chose. Things that hurt my family, my friends, and most of all my God. I could never do anything to make those ugly sins disappear.

But you know what, there is a miracle tool! It is the blood of Jesus Christ. His blood is a clone stamp. It takes the precious crimson blood and makes us white as snow. You know why it turns our hearts white rather than red? Because his blood was sinless. It was pure. It was the only blood that could wash us clean.

Psalm 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow

1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

1 comment:

Parson said...

Excellent thought!!!!

Excellent writing!!!


Parson