Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Memories

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My mother was here with us after she and I travelled to Oregon to be with my sister for surgery. By the way, my sister is doing great. She had a thyroidectomy and all the tests have come back negative for cancer. Thank You Jesus!!!
Anyway, several of my friends have asked for this great recipe for cranberry salad. I thought I would share it with you here.

Cranberry Salad

1 package fresh cranberries
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 large package raspberry Jello
1 cup boiling water
1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
¾ cup diced celery
2 apples (grated)
½ cup pecans

Preparation time: 15 minutes. Servings: 12.

Grind or chop cranberries in blender or food processor. Work sugar into cranberries until completely dissolved. Dissolve Jello in boiling water and add to cranberries. Add pineapple, celery, apples and nuts. Chill for a few hours before serving.

1 comment:

Martha Fertado said...

Thanks for the recipe. I have been looking for this one for a long time! I made it several years ago & promptly lost the recipe...I LOVE cranberries!

Martha Fertado